Follow Astrophotography guru, Guek Peng Siong, on this special set departure trip to photograph at Mount Bromo. Mount Bromo, located some 4 hours’ drive awayTour Details
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Follow Astrophotography guru, Guek Peng Siong, on this special set departure trip to photograph at Mount Bromo.
Mount Bromo, located some 4 hours’ drive away from Surabaya, is a spectacular volcano that will not disappoint with its spectacular views and dramatic landscapes. It is surrounded by a vast sea of volcanic sand and at 2,392 meters high, it is part of the Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park.
This region is also home to the Tengger sub-ethnic group who still maintain their traditions and way of life. You can catch a glimpse of their culture as you make your journey into this mystical fabled mountain.
The Photo Master on trip:
Guek Peng Siong, is an engaging, knowledgeable and approachable instructor whose consummate photography skills is demonstrated via his versatility different genres of photography. Known affectionately as the “Astro Man”, Peng Siong is one of the few masters in the field of Astrophotography. The unique skill and passion in the constellations have brought him to various places in the region to do astrophotography, and he takes the opportunity to lead enthusiastic participants to share his vision.
An active photography mentor, he also finds time to serve as Vice-Chairman of the SAFRA Photo Club, and mentors the New Media Team of Toa Payoh East Community Centre.
14 spots are available. Minimum 08 to travel.
This trip has been rated with a difficulty level of “3“.
Level 3 – Walking and/or trekking on various types of moderate terrain, including rough trails with slopes and/or uneven surfaces. The trip may also involve activities that require an average level of fitness to enjoy. The journey between destinations should also not take more than 4 hours in general. Tours are slow paced in nature but guest may have reduced hours of rest due to prolonged activity hours or activitees (eg. sunrise, astrophotography, etc)
As a value-added offer to our distinguished guests who signed up for a trip with TopLiners Club, complimentary use of professional camera equipment (Camera bodies and lenses of various ranges) can be arrranged for the duration of their trip. However, please note that this is currently restricted to Canon, Nikon & Sony users only and is subject to availability. An equipment indemnity form would required to be signed for the arrangements.
- Photograph the Milky Way at one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world
- Get opportunities to shoot different genres of photography – from Landscapes to portraits and not forgetting Astrophotography!
- Led by one of the most experienced photographers in Astrophotography
Date : May 21, 2020
Arrival in Surabaya, Indonesia* Flight and arrival at Surabaya Airport * 4 hours drive to Bromo region * Lunch at local restaurant along the way * Sunset shoot * Dinner in hotel
Date : May 22, 2020
Bromo* Sunrise Shoot * Local Breakfast * Rest & Relax till lunch * Lunch in Hotel * Sunset shoot * Dinner at local restaurant
Date : May 23, 2020
Bromo* Sunrise Shoot at Crater * Model Shoot with Horse * Lunch at local restaurant * Street Photography at nearby villages * Dinner in hotel
Date : May 24, 2020
INTERNATIONAL DEPARTURE* Free & Easy * Departure to Airport for international departure Note: Itinerary subject to changes due to weather conditions and available photo opportunities.
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary above
- English-speaking Local Guide/Driver
- Services and guidance of a Professional Photographer cum Tour Leader from Singapore
- All ground transport and tours as mentioned above
- All meals other than specifically indicated
- All National Park, Admission and Conservation Fees
- All scheduled activities
- The current Indonesian Tourism Levies and all relevant Government Taxes
- International air-tickets (return) into Surabaya, Indonesia
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance;
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
- Visa fees where relevant
- Comprehensive personal travel insurance
- Tips for tour leader, drivers and staff
- All Other Services not mentioned above