Follow Astrophotography guru, Guek Peng Siong, on this special set departure trip to photograph at Mount Bromo. Mount Bromo, located some 4 hours’ drive away from Surabaya, is a spectacular volcano that will not disappoint with its spectacular views and dramatic landscapes. It is surrounded by a vast sea of volcanic sand and at 2,392 meters high, it is part of the Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park. This region is also home to the Tengger sub-ethnic group…
- Inclusions and Exclusions
Follow Astrophotography guru, Guek Peng Siong, on this special set departure trip to photograph at Mount Bromo.
Mount Bromo, located some 4 hours’ drive away from Surabaya, is a spectacular volcano that will not disappoint with its spectacular views and dramatic landscapes. It is surrounded by a vast sea of volcanic sand and at 2,392 meters high, it is part of the Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park.
This region is also home to the Tengger sub-ethnic group who still maintain their traditions and way of life. You can catch a glimpse of their culture as you make your journey into this mystical fabled mountain.
The Photography Guru on trip:
Guek Peng Siong, is an engaging, knowledgeable and approachable instructor whose consummate photography skills is demonstrated via his versatility different genres of photography. Known affectionately as the “Astro Man”, Peng Siong is one of the few masters in the field of Astrophotography. The unique skill and passion in the constellations have brought him to various places in the region to do astrophotography, and he takes the opportunity to lead enthusiastic participants to share his vision.
An active photography mentor, he also finds time to serve as Vice-Chairman of the SAFRA Photo Club, and mentors the New Media Team of Toa Payoh East Community Centre.
- Photograph the Milky Way at one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world
- Get opportunities to shoot different genres of photography – from Landscapes to portraits and not forgetting Astrophotography!
- Led by one of the most experienced photographers in Astrophotography
- Free post-processing lesson for your images after the trip (class will be held in Singapore)
Day 1 (L, D)
Date : 05/09/2019
Surabaya – Mount BromoEarly this morning, the group will take the flight to Surabaya, where everyone will be met and greet by our local representative, and transfer to Mount Bromo region (about 4 hours). Lunch will be served at a local restaurant along the way. In the afternoon, the group will check into the hotel and will have a rest until it is time to photograph the sunset (weather permitting). Dinner will be served at the hotel after the shoot. The group will have an early night as a very early morning wake-up call would be arranged for the next morning.
Day 2 (B, L, D)
Date : 05/10/2019
Bromo RegionLeaving at 2am this morning, the group will make its first expedition out to photograph star trails and sunrise. After going through the night experimenting with Astrophotography, the group will make its way back to the hotel at about 7am. Rest of the morning is recommended for a quick nap, with lunch and a nice tea-break scheduled for the early afternoon. At 1630hrs, the group will head out again for another sunset shoot. Dinner will be served back at the hotel, and it will be another early night as the group will ascent the crater very early the next morning.
Day 3 (B, L, D)
Date : 05/11/2019
Bromo RegionLeaving around the same time as the previous day, the group will make the ascent to the crater today. Going first by jeep and then by horse, there would be enough time to reach the summit and to photograph around the area. TopLiners will make the arrangement for a model to partner with a horse for some portraiture against the beautiful landscape this morning. Proceed back to the hotel at around 9am for a late breakfast. It’s rest time again till early afternoon, when lunch would be served. After lunch, the group will either proceed to nearby villages for street photography, or rest a little while more before going for another sunset shoot. Dinner is again at the hotel, and this is followed by a final opportunity to shoot the Milky Way before the group returns to Singapore.
Date : 05/12/2019
International DepartureAfter breakfast this morning, the group will be picked up by our local representative for the onward journey home.
INCLUDED IN THE RATE:
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary above
- English-speaking Local Guide/Driver
- Professional Photographer cum Tour Leader from Singapore
- All ground transport and tours as mentioned above
- All meals other than specifically indicated
- All National Park, Admission and Conservation Fees
- All scheduled activities
- The current Indonesian Tourism Levies and all relevant Government Taxes
- International air-tickets (return) into Surabaya, Indonesia
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance;
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
- Visa fees where relevant
- Comprehensive personal travel insurance
- Tips for tour leader, drivers and staff
- All Other Services not mentioned above