Sarawak is Malaysia’s biggest state by size and is located on the island of Borneo, which is well-known for its great diversity of culture, wildlifeTour Details
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- IMPORTANT INFO
Sarawak is Malaysia’s biggest state by size and is located on the island of Borneo, which is well-known for its great diversity of culture, wildlife and nature.
Sarawak occupies much of the northwest coast of Borneo, and is almost the same size as England. However, it is the most sparsely populated due to the tropical rainforests, rugged mountains, mighty rivers, mangrove forests, white sandy beaches and pristine island. It neighbours Brunei to the North, Sabah in the northeast and Indonesia (Kalimantan) in the south. Kuching is the economic capital. There are many theories as to how Kuching got its name, but a favourite adopted by the city is Kuching is the Malay word for Cat. Therefore, cat monuments and a cat museum are famous icons of the city.
With many available options for photography, TopLiners Club has specially designed this short and intense trip for the photography enthusiasts. Expect interesting genres featuring street, wildlife, scenics, night, astro (weather-permitting), action and even night macro.
Join TopLiners Club’s Photo Master Julian W., on this epic journey into the realms of Borneo Sarawak.
Julian W. first started weaving images with light in 1992. He honed his photography skills by immersing himself in fashion, portrait and commercial photography, but soon found these pursuits a little too monotonous for his liking.
To challenge himself, he listened to his inner callings and venture into nature photography soon after. His works soon caught the attention of Animal Planet, Sony, HSBC, Singtel, Vitagen, and many various wildlife institutions
Today, this workaholic runs 4 companies, which includes a brand agency and a full-fledged travel agency that is registered with the Singapore Tourism Board. Julian is also the brainchild for Singapore Photography Meets, a photography community that has more than 6000 members.
Minimum 4 to travel. Maximum 12 participants.
Do sign up early as accommodation space in the National Park is extremely limited. Please email email@example.com if you have any queries in regards to this trip.
NOTE: Special pricing is available for participants of Nikon School Photo Fiesta 2020. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the special rate. Thank you.
- Photograph the endemic Proboscis Monkey, rare wildlife like the Orang Utan and other wildlife
- Visit local villages and photograph their way of life
- Overnight stay in Kubah National Park to photography frogs and other nocturnal creatures
- Visit Bako National Park on a day trip
- Savour wonderful local cuisine of Sarawak
- Guidance of Photo Master cum Wildlife Specialist on tour, Julian W.
Date : March 16, 2020
KUCHING* Arrival in Kuching * Street photography * Twilight photography at Waterfront area * Dinner * Overnight in accommodation (4 star)
Date : March 17, 2020
BAKO NATIONAL PARK* Breakfast * Proceed to Bako National Park * Various aspects of photography here: Wildlife, Macro, Scenery. * Visit Kubah National Park with exclusive frog photography * Overnight in Kubah National Park (basic park accommodation with air-con)
Date : March 18, 2020
KUCHING* Breakfast & Checkout * Proceed back to Kuching * Free & Easy in afternoon * Night Macro Photography * Supper (own expenses) * Overnight in accommodation (4 stars)
Date : March 19, 2020
INTERNATIONAL DEPARTURE* Breakfast at hotel * Visit local market for photography * Visit Semenggoh Orang Utan Sanctuary with special program inclusive * Departure for Singapore
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary above
- English-speaking Local Guide/Driver
- Photo guidance from Professional Photographer cum Tour Leader from Singapore
- All ground transport and tours as mentioned above
- All meals other than specifically indicated
- All National Park, Admission and Conservation Fees
- All scheduled activities
- The current Malaysian Tourism Levies and all relevant Government Taxes
- International air-tickets (return) into Kuching, Sarawak
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance;
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
- Visa fees where relevant
- Comprehensive personal travel insurance
- Tips for tour leader, drivers and staff
- All Other Services not mentioned above
Yes you can. However, please note that there is an admin charge of 4.4%,, which is imposed by the payment gateway, Paypal.
We would strongly recommend our local customers to pay via paynow, or bank transfer so as not to incur the additional charges. Alternatively, please check out our other mode of payment under the FAQ, "What are your modes of payment?".
Kindly note the following:
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to proceed with this tour
- There will only be a maximum of 12 participants for each trip.
- For participants who has signed up for the Nikon Photo Fiesta 2020 from 13th to 15th March 2020, a special price of S$760 would be offered for this tour (based on twin-sharing). This pricing includes an extra night in Kuching on the 15th of March
- Single room Supplement is available at S$210.